Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Stitched Creations

Hi friends!

It's just the 2nd day of my blog and I'm here again.  As promised I'm posting the creations I've done during the past few weeks and months - some I've done way back, but most I just did several weeks ago.

Sad to say, I cannot post a lot of the links which I used for these creations since I just had my laptop re-formatted 2 weeks ago and I remember I wasn't able to save my bookmarks (sigh).  Anyway, I did most of these as gifts to family, relatives and friends.  However, venturing into a lucrative income-generating hobby is not really such a bad idea :)

Brace yourself...



Looks yummy right?  Look again...This is not an edible cookie since this is a knitted oreo cookie :D  Here's a link to the pattern if you're interested to do it yourself...


This one is a cellphone cozy which I made for my Nokia E5.  I made this particularly thick because I'm one who loves pouches and I am fond of just pulling my things without much regard to the other contents of my bag.  This would protect my phone from unwanted scratches, bumps and all.  Unfortunately, I can't find the link to this at this time so I'd have to come back to this later on...  (Got the link, real quick comeback hah! :D) Nevertheless, there are a lot of cellphone cozy patterns available online so it's not really difficult to find one that will suit your taste.

Below is a cute little black bag which I made for my 7-year-old niece.  She's fond of bags like me, so I made one as cute as her with a rose flower accent for the closure.  The online pattern did not have any instruction for the bag closure, so I customized my own design.  I made a small string which I attached to the bag flap.  All my niece has to do is to wind the string around the flower - simple but effective right?


The images below are for a knitted beanie which I made for my son.  I used garter stitch to add texture to the hat.  I also extended the length of this beanie to make it a bit slouchy at the back.



Now here's a simple ribbed headband which I created for my niece again.  This one is a cotton headband so that it won't be irritating to the scalp since she's still quite young.



Now, since I wasn't sure of her head measurement, and I wanted to play it safe, I created another headband, this time in white soft acrylic yarn, which she can also use during her ballet classes.  Here's how it looks...




After creating these headbands for my niece, I came up with another project idea for my youngest son who didn't want to have his haircut during the summer break.  The image below was made with black acrylic yarn with measurements fit for my son to push away the hair locks from his face while he played on the pc...  I call it "Locks Tamer for Boys"...



  I have to upload the other pics yet so this will definitely have a Part 2...  See you next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment