Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Crochet Gems - Have you heard about Cro Hooking?



Cro hooking is crocheting or knitting with a double ended crochet hook. No, it's not like the double ended crochet hooks which have different needle sizes. Cro hooks are longer and have the same needle size on both sides.

Cro hooking, is also known as cro knitting. With a cro hook, you can create double sided crochet creations. What can be created with tunisian crochet can be created with cro hooking too, since the tunisian stitch is the basic stitch used for cro hooking. The only difference is that two colors can be simultaneously used when cro hooking.

I was simply amazed when I got to get hold of a rare shipment of hooks from Japan. They came in different sizes and the first thing that came to my mind was: "What do I do with this?" and "Why is it so long like a knitting needle?"


So I did my research. I didn't even know what they were called. I wanted to call them crochet hooks but I knew they weren't because why were they double ended. Then again I thought they were tunisian hooks, but again why were they double ended? Of course, I knew they weren't knitting needles because I knew they were crochet hooks due to the existence of the hooks, the throat, and other parts of a crochet hook, times two.

And finally, I was able to find what it was called. Next, I was able to find some patterns.

Here's my current WIP. It looks good and I found it amazing to have the two sides of my work looking very different from each other. See below:

FRONT

BACK

As you can see, just like a knitted work or Tunisian crochet, I have left my current stitches on the needle. 

By the way, I'm giving credit to the following dish cloth pattern which I sourced from this site: Maggie's Crochet

Here are other images of items made from cro hooking:
www.pinterest.com/pin/542331980098840297/
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/542331980098840314/

If you're interested to learn cro hooking, there are a lot of tutorials that can be found on the net. However, if you need materials for cro hooking, especially a cro hook, you can like my page - Ginantsilyong Nilikha - to get updates and find out its availability. 








No comments:

Post a Comment